Friday, March 31, 2006

end of march

another march gone. loads of hockey. (watching calgary and colorado). spring training baseball, while japan won the world baseball classic. the ncaa tournament started. the final there is monday. nascar racing (boy was bristol fun or what). and the major snowstorm that came. snow is melting. the buried bush (okay two bushes) are out. still puddles laying around. april brings the start of baseball season (starts sunday), more car racing, the end of the nhl season and the start of the nhl playoffs and the end of the ncaa tourney. entertainment o' plenty.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

survivor: all stars

got the survivor: all stars set on monday and started watching it today. survivor: exile island resumes tomorrow. all new episode tomorrow with one castaway gets air lifed off. wonder who it will be? stay tuned.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

food city 500

wild finish at bristol. im mean crazy. kurt bush bumps matt kenseth out of the way and won a pretty wild one. kevin harvick finished 2nd and kenseth was third. after busch went by, kenseth and jeff gordon was battling for position, gordon goes by and kenseth puts the bumper to him. gordon finished 21st. gordon and martin truex jr were battling side by side, and tony stewart was behind it. stewart didnt want to do it, but he knocked truex out of the way. tony didnt want to be part of a brewing accident. jimmie johnson would like to have this one back after a lap one tire issue and a penalty on pit road for his crew jumping out a little early. anyways, matt kenseth now leads the points by 8 points over kasey kahne and over jimmie johnson by 19. tony is now 9th in the points, 181 pts back. next race is in martinsville, next week. hopefully by then, my head will stop spinning from all the madness in bristol. time for some shut eye.
the rest of the final four

it will be george mason vs florida in the other final four matchup on saturday. george mason beat conneticut 86-84 in overtime. florida knocked off villanova 75-62. all #1 seeds are gone. did i mention there will be a new champion with north carolina getting knocked out already? i did now.

Saturday, March 25, 2006

half of final four set

it will be lsu tigers vs ucla bruins in one semi final game on april 1. lsu beat texas 70-60 in overtime and ucla beat memphis 50-45 (another #1 seed gone). the rest will be decided tomorrow.

Friday, March 24, 2006

the rest of the elite eight

conneticut beat washington 98-92 in overtime. they got a 3 with 1.8 seconds left in the 2nd half to get to overtime. villanova also went to overtime before taking out boston college 60-59. so these #1 seeds survive. the other two games had george mason beat wichita state 63-55 and florida beating 57-53 over georgetown. so the rest of the elite eight matchups: #1 conneticut vs #11 george mason in washington dc, and #1 villanova vs #3 florida in minneapolis. these matchups are on sunday. tomorrow its #4 lsu vs #2 texas in atlanta and #1 memphis vs #2 ucla in oakland. gonna be fun now.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

lsu upsets duke

yep, #4 lsu beat #1 duke 62-54 in the atlanta regional semis, while #1 memphis beat #13 bradley 80-64 in the oakland bracket. gonzaga vs ucla and west virginia vs texas are both in the 2nd half. an update later.

update 1: okay, west virginia gets a 3 pointer with 5 seconds left to tie the game. then texas heads up court and scores a buzzer beater 3 pointer to win it for texas. final score 74-71 for texas and will meet lsu in the atlanta regional final.

update 2: at one point, ucla was down by 17 points. they came back and won it late in the 2nd half. they beat gonzaga 73-71 and will face memphis in the oakland regional final. should be an exciting day tomorrow with four more games.

Monday, March 20, 2006

golden corral 500

kasey kahne won the rain delayed race and moved to second in the championship points behind jimmie johnson by 50 pts. jimmie finished 6th. tony stewart finished 5th and moved up to 12th in the points. mark martin finished second, dale earnhardt jr finished 3rd and jeff gordon finished 4th.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

curses the rain

the rain forced the cancellation of todays race in atlanta. the golden corral 500 will be run tomorrow moring, providing it doesnt rain. 70% chance of rain tomorrow and 30% tuesday in atlanta.

Saturday, March 18, 2006

major ass snowstorm

edmonton area got a huge dump of snow. the snowfall warning started yesterday. the snowstarted coming down late last night and is still snowing. most of alberta got snow. 10-15 cm was forecast and another 5 cm for tonight. i think we got more than 15cm already. havent got the numbers on today. oh yeah, if you look at the bush in an earlier entry from this month, imagine it buried. cause it is now under snow.

update: 10 inches, or 25cm worth of snow today. still snowing a bit. at least the plows are out now. now wheres that shovel......

Friday, March 17, 2006

qualifying in atlanta

kasey kahne won the pole and bill lester became the first black man to qualify for a race since june 1986 when willy t. ribbs qualified. lester starts 19th.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

first day of march madness

the ncaa tournament has begin and three upsets already. #12 montana beat #5 nevada 87-75, #10 alabama beat #7 marquette 90-85, and #11 wisconsin milwaukee beat #6 oklahoma 82-74. and a few close ones too. all games on cbs. gonna get good.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

to all press your luck fans

i found this out today. peter tomarken, the host of big bucks and loads of whammies - press your luck, was killed in a plane crash yesterday outside of san diego (if i remember reading that right). he was a great host and made press your luck fun. im sure him and rod roddy are reminiscing out there somewhere. "these three players are after hiiiiiiiiiiiiigh stakes, but they'll have to avoid the whammies, as they play the most exciting game of their lives. from television studios in hollywood, it's time to PRESS YOUR LUCK. and heres the star of press your luck - peter tomarken." opening comment said by rod roddy. peter will be missed

Monday, March 13, 2006

battle with the flu

ive had the flu the last few days. couldnt even watch the car race yesterday. thats how bad it got. all's i know is jimmie johnson won yesterday in another green-white checkered finish passing matt kenseth. thats what i read in the sun today. im feeling somewhat better. still a ways to go. in the meantime back to watching colorado at calgary.

update: calgary 4 colorado 3. final

Thursday, March 09, 2006

trading deadline

yesterday the oilers got goalie dwayne roloson from minnesota for a first round draft pick in 2006 and a conditional 3rd round pick. today they got sergei samsonov from boston for marty reasoner, yan stastny and a 2006 draft pick. i'll have to see if calgary made any deals. this past saturday darryl sutter was asked and he wasn't interested in making a deal. anyways, later

update: calgary did make two small trades. they got jamie lundmark from phoenix for a 4th rd. pick and traded jason wiemer to new jersey for a fourth rd draft pick

Monday, March 06, 2006


ziggy

here's one thats worth a laugh and beyond the realm of possibility. only could happen to ziggy, unless.......

Saturday, March 04, 2006

hockey night in canada returns

first h.n.i.c doubleheader since th eolympic break ended. right now its ottawa @ toronto, while its san jose @ calgary at 8. loads of hockey tonight. stay tuned.

update: ottawa 4 toronto 2. san jose and calgary is next

update 2: calgary 2 san jose 0. thats it for another saturday.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006


8 inches worth

yep. thats how much of the white stuff we got yesterday and into last night. it was a pretty good storm too. highways were in rough shape. even the car got buried a little.